Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Reviewer



Dr. Al Past, retired linguistics professor and author of the celebrated Distant Cousin series, has joined me in the fight for the recognition of genuinely deserving authors at iUBR. We are cautiously taking one step at a time through this transitional process. I put out a call for volunteers to join the team and Dr. Past has graciously accepted the challenge. As I have previously indicated, iUBR has been a bit bogged down lately with the list of books awaiting review and the recent holiday period in general. In addition to this slowdown, a modest lifestyle change has had a very positive effect on me personally while simultaneously diminishing the time I have available for reading. Right now I am about one-third of the way through Amy Lane's Bound, with Joy Collins' Second Chance waiting on the shelf. There are still six books on The Waiting List, and the first of these authors has already been notified that his number is up.

Once again I welcome any further volunteers to join iUBR as reviewers. I would really like to see the whole process speeded up and the submissions reopened. Anyone with questions about this issue is welcome to contact me at ice9 at e-tabitha.com. Thank you.

1 comment:

veinglory said...

Good to hear :) I find having other reviewers to help makes a big difference.